Upon successful completion of this course, students will:
1. Classify organic compounds by structure, molecular orbitals, hybridization, resonance, tautomerism, polarity, chirality, conformation, and functionality.
2. Identify organic molecules using appropriate organic nomenclature.
3. Describe the principle reactions for synthesis of molecules, ions, and radicals.
4. Describe organic reactions in terms of radical and ionic mechanisms.
5. Describe the use of spectroscopic data to determine the structure of organic molecules.
6. Formulate appropriate reaction conditions for the synthesis of simple organic molecules.
- Teacher: Jack Southard